Home Open Account Help 393 users online

Nostalgia & History > My Favorite Unit of all time... ATSF F Pass.series-Spring 1971

Date: 07/21/18 12:00
My Favorite Unit of all time... ATSF F Pass.series-Spring 1971
Author: the_expediter

I have fond memories of them since I grew up in San Diego area and would see them when young and ride behind them when I became a teenager...Here's #77 prob. 10? min. after her 1600 departure time from the Santa Fe Depot in downtown San Diego, hustling along in  Rose Canyon, just east of Pacific beach...She would connect with the Super Chief'/El Cap, which departed LAUPT at 1930...Looking at my July 1971 Amtrak TT (2nd one, as first was May1, 1971) #18 the combined Super Chief/ El Cap left LAUPT at 1915...for some reason 15 min. earlier than old Santa Fe times...Thanks for looking back with me...Steve in warm Grossmont, CA

Date: 07/21/18 12:35
Re: My Favorite Unit of all time... ATSF F Pass.series-Spring 197
Author: UP951West

I like this action shot of a member of the ATSF 325 class.  Thanks for posting it. --Kelly

Date: 07/21/18 13:09
Re: My Favorite Unit of all time... ATSF F Pass.series-Spring 197
Author: tomstp

There has never been a paint job and engine fit better than that.  And, I am not a Santa Fe fan.  Just recognize beauty when I see it.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.119 seconds