Home Open Account Help 375 users online

Nostalgia & History > Ever said about a shot that "this was common back then"?

Date: 09/22/18 09:46
Ever said about a shot that "this was common back then"?
Author: valmont

Well here's one of those: CB&Q SD9s #451and SD9 #334, with a coal drag powering this train, just north of Denver.

by Bruce Black on 12/11/66

Date: 09/22/18 10:07
Re: Ever said about a shot that "this was common back then"?
Author: Milwaukee

Good point to make about the fact there has always been power on a line that was common to a fault at a certain point in time.   I think of IC and their GP9's in the 60's, SP and their SD9's in Oregon in the 60's and 70's, BN and UP SD40-2's in the 80's, the mass of C&NW GP7's on their branch lines in the 80's, etc.  I get so bored with today's GE's seemingly everywhere but their day will come as well when they aren't as common.  

Date: 09/22/18 10:29
Author: Tominde

Thing is when "their day will come" for the GEs, my day will have come.....and gone.  

Date: 09/22/18 10:50
Author: YukonYeti

"Those were the days, my friend, for ever and a day.  We thought they would never end,"

All of the sudden, they did....

In a cave, looking for trolls,
YY

Date: 09/22/18 11:33
Author: Lackawanna484

The older tankcars in the consist are interesting, too.  So small, compared to today's behemoths...

Date: 09/22/18 12:35
Author: santafe199

YukonYeti Wrote: > ...  "Those were the days, my friend ...  We thought they would never end ...

Whoa! Hey Yeti Hopkin, I didn't know you could carry a tune...

DJ Sir L :^)

Date: 09/23/18 03:40
Author: Roadjob

Too many times! The other thing since then I have said is "why didn't I take more pictures of......fill in the blank!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/18 03:41 by Roadjob.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0332 seconds