Home Open Account Help 257 users online

Nostalgia & History > Where Am I?

Date: 01/16/19 10:22
Where Am I?
Author: back_track_bob

It is in a one time major railroad town. RY you arer not allowed to answer!!!!

Bob

Date: 01/16/19 10:49
Re: Where Am I?
Author: back_track_bob

Ok before everbody gets bored.. Mullens WV. Town is Wyoming County...
Bob

Date: 01/16/19 15:22
Author: 1019X

Back in the mid 80s work took me to Mullins for a couple of days. I stayed at the Holiday Inn in Beckley based on our local folk's recommendations. While there one of the Mechanical Supervisors told me of his experience when he was transferred into Mullins. He booked a room in the Wyoming Hotel during July. The hotel had no air conditioning so when he woke up about 2:00 AM feeling a sharp pain in the calf of one of his legs he felt like his legs were soaking wet with sweat. Turning the light on he saw that the wetness was his blood! One of the coil springs in the mattress had broken, punched through the fabric and jabbed him in the leg. He tied a towel around his leg and call the shop to have one of the night shift guys take him to the hospital in Beckleyand get the wound looked at and a tetanus shot.On his way out he told the hotel night clerk what happened. Upon return to the hotel the clerk told him proudly that he had corrected the problem, he had turned the mattress over!

Date: 01/16/19 18:25
Author: Ray_Murphy

The word "wyoming" is an American indian word describing a region of eastern Pennsylvania.  I have heard it defined as "mountains and valleys alternating" (in the Delaware indian language), but there are other definitions from other languages.

Ray

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/19 18:27 by Ray_Murphy.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.042 seconds