Home Open Account Help 357 users online

Nostalgia & History > SP or UP?

Date: 01/20/19 11:50
SP or UP?
Author: WichitaJct

Not sure if this is a UP train with SP power or an SP train with UP power. By 1983 the SP had taken over operation of the RI Golden State Route and assumed RI's trackage rights on the UP from Kansas City to Topeka. But SP power was also quite common on UP trains, But the UP often would put one of their units on the point of a train with power from another railroad. So, I would guess this was an SP train. In a few moments this train passed the famous Porubsky's restaurant in north Topeka, and then took a curve that changed its direction from south to west. Just beyond the depot it curved south and crossed the Kansas River and went west on the (old) RI.

Date: 01/20/19 12:35
Re: SP or UP?
Author: WAF

By the time of the day... CHLAT

Date: 01/20/19 12:47
Author: King_Coal

Nice pole line in addition to the train.

Date: 01/20/19 13:02
Author: santafe199

WAF Wrote: > ... CHLAT ...

My thoughts, as well. During SSW's 1980 track rehabilitation of the GSR their trains would detour over our main line (ATSF) between Hutchinson & Kansas City. I was on trains that met a CHLAT/LACHT a very few times. It was always a treat...

Lance/199  

Date: 01/21/19 18:55
Author: spwolfmtn

What route did thise Chicago TOFC trains use to get to Chicago from Kansas City at that time?

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0338 seconds