Home Open Account Help 326 users online

Nostalgia & History > GTW on the Shore Line 1988

Date: 01/23/19 18:58
GTW on the Shore Line 1988
Author: jgilmore

I took a lot of prints (too many) in my younger railfan life, but I figure if I can scan and work 'em enough, along with the long lost content, they might be of interest to some folks on TO.

Since I grew up in downriver Detroit in the 70s and 80s, I would often hit the four-track swath of mainline rails from Delray to Trenton. Lots of industry, steel mills, and non-scenic backgrounds, plus the whole area was in decline and the tracks were not as busy as you'd think. GTW, however, after taking control of the DT&SL sent quite a few trains up and down the Shore Line during the day so that's usually what I got.

First shot is of a southbound manifest train at Wyandotte on the ex-DT&SL line heading to Flat Rock Yard. 

#2 is another SB crossing Ecorse Creek in Ecorse, a real armpit of a community dominated by the sight and smell of steelmaking. This might be the best view in town.

Thanks for looking, JG.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/21 21:00 by jgilmore.

Date: 01/24/19 05:09
Re: GTW on the Shore Line 1988
Author: NCAndy

Very nice.  I grew up across the street from the GTW Romeo Sub in Washington. Watched many a Ford tractor pass by in my youth.   Please keep them coming.

NCA

Date: 01/25/19 06:18
Re: GTW on the Shore Line 1988
Author: Englewood

Great pictures. Thanks for posting.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0381 seconds