Home Open Account Help 328 users online

Nostalgia & History > Western Pacific back in the 1970's, Part 1

Date: 02/18/19 12:35
Western Pacific back in the 1970's, Part 1
Author: rcfarewell

All,

Here is the background for the first three images: They are all a little fuzzy because they were shot with an eight-dollar used Bakelite-plastic fixed lens Argus C-3 camera. That's all I could afford back then. The Argus
was great for roster shots, but not so great for action shots. The first image was shot in March, 1975 at Altamont Pass, CA. It is of the Stockton, CA to Milpitas auto parts turn, I believe that was called the "CTW".
The next two are of the same turn, but were shot in Dec., 1975. My notes from back then are a little sketchy, but I did scribble that the locos in the second and third shots were WP 913 (pre-repaint), 918 and 921-D.

The next set,"Part 2", were done after folks had discovered the WP and a repainted WP 913. Plus, by then two friends and I had pooled our spare nickles and dimes and came up with a nifty new Pentax "SpotmaticII" camera
for me to try and capture something with.

Comments??

Rich Farewell

Date: 02/18/19 12:43
Re: Western Pacific back in the 1970's, Part 1
Author: mojaveflyer

Nice stuff, Rich! Looking forward to seeing more...

James Nelson
Thornton, CO
www.flickr.com/mojaveflyer

Date: 02/18/19 12:53
Author: refarkas

Well done.
Please post more.
Bob

Date: 02/18/19 15:16
Author: WAF

SJT was the day Turn to Milpitas,  APF was night train to Milpitas

Date: 02/18/19 16:25
Author: rcfarewell

WAF,
So what was the "CTW". I wrote that down on the slide for some reason, but that reason now long escapes me! (as does much else).

Rich

Date: 02/18/19 16:40
Author: WAF

Never heard of it

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0422 seconds