Home Open Account Help 167 users online

Nostalgia & History > Final Highball: Ed Workman

Date: 03/12/19 20:36
Final Highball: Ed Workman
Author: tighttrains

It is with a heavy heart to announce the passing of a good friend and consummate Southern Pacific Historian, Ed Workman. Ed passed away suddenly from a heart attack this week, leaving the community of SP scholars with an unexpected shock. His research from Central Pacific cabooses, to Westinghouse Air Brakes, to the Pacific Electric Railway has benefited generations of fans and historians. Ed was also a talented draftsman and was always willing to share information. There was no extent to Ed's research and love of all things Southern Pacific, and he will be missed.Services have not yet been announced, but if made available, will be posted here.

Scott Inman
Sacramento, CA

Date: 03/12/19 21:19
Re: Final Highball: Ed Workman
Author: TonyJ

This is a big loss. Seems like his name popped up everywhere whenever I read anything Espee.

Date: 03/12/19 21:27
Author: DocJones

Heartfelt condolences. 

Have fun, be safe,

Bruce "Doc" Jones  Sierra Madre CA

Date: 03/13/19 08:00
Author: hogheaded

Though I never met Ed, he took the time to help me with several projects over the years. The woeld needs more people like ED, not less.

Ed Gibson

Date: 03/13/19 11:34
Author: callum_out

Met him once, did nothing to help my PE foam, seemed like a great guy who shared my interests. RIP, damn, as of late
we seem to be losing an increasing number of really interesting people. Wish we could do more to stop that!

Out

Date: 03/13/19 12:25
Author: WAF

Time to excerise, eat right and get a checkup from the doctor

Date: 03/13/19 14:37
Author: callum_out

And that's really good advice, look at the number of ex-SP guys who passed away shortly after retirement.

Out

Date: 03/13/19 14:49
Author: WAF

And that's the sad part. Some only had a few years of retirement. I agree, the result of a stressful life

Date: 03/13/19 16:05
Author: agentatascadero

WAF Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And that's the sad part. Some only had a few years
> of retirement. I agree, the result of a stressful
> life

How very true.......after a lifetime of hard work, I believe one is deserving of a functioning, and hopefully long, retirement.

AA

Stanford White
Carmel Valley, CA

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.042 seconds