Home Open Account Help 360 users online

Nostalgia & History > crew change in North LaCrosse1965

Date: 03/21/19 15:16
crew change in North LaCrosse1965
Author: cabman

Soon after moving to LaCrosse, WI in March, 1965, I checked out the railroad scene.  I chanced upon the arrival of the Morning Zephyr and the North Coast Ltd. at the Northside depot where crew changes occured (obviously not on the same day, however).  These three shots are the result 

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/19 19:41 by cabman.

Date: 03/21/19 15:25
Re: crew change in North LaCrosse1965
Author: texchief1

Good shots.  It is funny in the first shot the crew getting office has black overcoats and the crew getting on has grey overcoats.  Maybe they shop together.

Randy Lundgren
Elgin, TX

Date: 03/21/19 16:53
Author: MM171

Back in the day when NP and GN were still separate, and NP would derail something between Laurel Mt and Helena Mt, the North Coast Ltd would re-route via GN's Laurel Sub up to Great Falls and then back over to Helena.  The N.C. Ltd  was always an impressive sight for this 12 yr old kid as it flew through town. 

Date: 03/22/19 08:15
Author: ntharalson

cabman, are your sure those last two shots are the "Morning Zephyr?"  They look to me like the "North Coast Limited."  In that time
period, the Q did not normally combine the two trains.  Later on they did.  The dome I'm not sure about, but the other car appears to
be the Lewis and Clark Traveler's Rest car which only operated on the NCL on the Q.  Just asking.  

Nick Tharalson,
Marion, IA

Date: 03/22/19 12:27
Author: cabman

I think you're right.  I edited my original description and the change should make it clearer.  Thanks for your insight.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0435 seconds