Home Open Account Help 215 users online

Nostalgia & History > Sleep on a Train (Sound)

Date: 05/27/19 14:19
Sleep on a Train (Sound)
Author: Westbound

A couple of weeks ago the following was posted by PRSL-recall.

Is anyone aware of any good videos anywhere, either for purchase or on youtube etc. that feature fast jointed-rail train running from inside an open window passenger coach? We used to experience that all the time but almost impossible now because most open-window coaches today are part of an excursion operation with slow-running trains or else on welded rail. One of the few extremely short pieces I've found on youtube is a posting by fmnut on the Reading RR's Main line trains. Almost at the very end there's about 11 seconds of an excellent example. Specifically at  from 23:03 to 23:14.

"Sleep on a Train" is an hour plus CD that fills this request. Definitely a 5 star rated CD, exactly as described. I cannot find the website for trakworks.com so perhaps these CDs are no longer made, but they are still for sale at certain retailers. 

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/19 14:24 by Westbound.

Date: 05/27/19 14:32
Re: Sleep on a Train (Sound)
Author: Railbaron

Looks like it's available on Amazon for $12.95.

Date: 05/27/19 16:19
Author: MojaveBill

Does it have the sound of drunks shouting in the aisles while you are trying to sleep?

Bill Deaver
Tehachapi, CA

Date: 05/28/19 09:14
Author: chakk

Or how about the woman running a Dial-a-Prayer service from her coach seat on #6 across Nevada.

Date: 05/28/19 12:12
Author: UPJeff

We carry these at RailMaster Hobbies.  Ken Johnson and I went to high school together.  Ken does these sound recordings, also window shades, and the interior kits for the Hi-Level cars.  You may have seen his photography works if you have ever seen a CoachYard or ScaleTrains advertisement.

Drop us a line if you are looking for these CDs.

Jeff Smith
Lakewood, CA
RailMaster Hobbies

Date: 06/03/19 09:56
Author: TikiOwl

I have this on my IPad and use it several times a week. It is the best I have found. Love the beginning with the shout of “‘All Aboard” from the conductor and then the sound of the steps being pulled up and the dutch door closing....It sounds like I am in the first roomette like I had been so many times. My requests would be a longer version that included several stops,louder sounds of the crossing signals as you past by, and the sounds of the vestibule door opening and closing as people went between cars.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0455 seconds