Home Open Account Help 248 users online

Nostalgia & History > Found this gem T1 Tuesday!

Date: 01/14/20 12:51
Found this gem T1 Tuesday!
Author: dozerman

Looking through some older slides today and found this gem.  Slide is a duplicate from Kodak of Reading T1 2102 heading east bound through Alburtis, Pa with a ramble back in September of 1963.   What a change from today.  My fathers cousin use to be a tower operator For the Reading RR here in Alburtis and I have somewhere in a bin in the attic a copy of a train order he gave to a coal train with 2 Reading steam locomotives to go up the Catasaqua & Fogelsville Branch which is behind and to the right of the tower and station.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/20 13:49 by dozerman.

Date: 01/14/20 14:26
Re: Found this gem T1 Tuesday!
Author: perklocal

Great shot showing the Station and "AF" Tower. There was a Ramble dated 9/21/63 that originated in Boundbrook,NJ. with a scheduled stopover at Macungie,PA. for a Pennsylvania Dutch Festival.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/20 14:45 by perklocal.

Date: 01/14/20 16:47
Author: perklocal

Scan of an original ticket from this Ramble. Neat routing !

Date: 01/14/20 18:30
Author: boejoe

Looking at the itinerary, I wonder if the evening return to NJ and diesel change at Jenkintown PA used the wye there or if the T-1 proceeded into/through the station and the diesel(s) added at the opposite end of train for trip to Bound Brook.  Anybody remember or know ??

Date: 01/14/20 18:52
Author: krm152

Interesting historical photo and information.  Thanks for posting.
ALLEN

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0296 seconds