Home Open Account Help 249 users online

Nostalgia & History > Room 209, Klamath Falls Cimmaron Inn

Date: 03/30/20 16:42
Room 209, Klamath Falls Cimmaron Inn
Author: roustabout

What the heck is that title?

In 1978 I was still working as Oregon division auditor for Pacific Fruit & Produce.  One of the branches I dealt with was in Klamath Falls, over on Spring Street near the SP yard and depot.  My favorite subject, judging by the photos I took, was the Oregon, California & Eastern.  Since I was on the road, I stayed at my choice of fine hotels, always the Cimmaron Inn.  Eventually I figured out that room 209's bathroom window looked out at the OC&E wye and track that went over to the BN yard south of town.  Thus the title and two of the three pictures that I took from that window.  I think that trip may have been my last because, shortly after these photos were taken, I was assigned to Eugene and no longer the Division auditor.  But the Eugene warehouse was right on the SP mainline west of the Amtrak depot so there was some compensation for not traveling.

Date: 03/30/20 16:58
Re: Room 209, Klamath Falls Cimmaron Inn
Author: Railbaron

Oh, jeez, I spent a few nights there as a railfan but countless nights there laying over as an SP employee working out of Eugene - and I never want to visit that place again. 

Date: 03/30/20 21:02
Re: Room 209, Klamath Falls Cimmaron Inn
Author: trackplanner

Great photos! I visited my brother there once that was on layover from Eugene, couldn't remember the name of the place. It was a ways out of downtown as I recall and pretty far from the SP yard. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0284 seconds