Home Open Account Help 327 users online

Nostalgia & History > Flare Friday, Santa Fe . . .

Date: 06/26/20 06:13
Flare Friday, Santa Fe . . .
Author: 3rdswitch

.   .   .   on one of my earliest visits to Arizona's Crozier Canyon, JUL '87, a pig train was climbing eastbound through the canyon.
JB

Date: 06/26/20 07:07
Re: Flare Friday, Santa Fe . . .
Author: UP951West

Excellent. Thanks for posting. 

Date: 06/26/20 07:51
Author: Curt

I've only been to Crozier once, and filmed from the other side for morning/mid-day light.  This looks like it was shot from the other side; wish I had been able to venture over there.

Date: 06/26/20 08:39
Author: refarkas

Beautiful.
Bob

Date: 06/26/20 12:26
Author: texchief1

Very nice, JB!

Randy Lundgren

Date: 06/26/20 17:26
Author: AndyBrown

Very nice shot from the north side!  I like the pole line making its way up the side of the canyon; bet the ATSF linemen earned their pay working on that section.

My first visit (of 3) to Crozier I was trying to get across to the south side and stepped into shin deep mud (that looked solid on the surface) just in the area below your perch here.  Got my shoes and pants more or less rinsed off but had wet feet the rest of the day which was not fun.  I know good railfans aren't supposed to trespass on the ROW but I crawled my way up the embankment and hustled right down the tracks after that and got to the other side before any more trains came.

Andy

Date: 06/26/20 22:52
Author: 3rdswitch

There is an under pass on both ends as well as in the middle of the canyon to get to the other side. Not sure about AZ but in CA, IF there is no crossing within something like 1200 ft, you MAY cross the tracks legally.
JB

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0431 seconds