Home Open Account Help 359 users online

Nostalgia & History > PC Wreck February 1969

Date: 07/06/20 08:07
PC Wreck February 1969
Author: RDG630

PC Trenton Cut Off , Henderson Road, Knig of Prussia, Pa.

Date: 07/06/20 08:28
Re: PC Wreck February 1969
Author: King_Coal

Darn close to home. Don't remember this one but I remember another at Henderson Rd.  with lots of oranges spilled (which the locals were helping themselves to).

I like the variety of equipment. Thanks for sharing.

Date: 07/06/20 10:49
Author: krm152

Interesting photo series.  Think PC became noted for their wrecks.
Thanks for the photo posting.
ALLEN

Date: 07/06/20 13:11
Author: Roadjob

Even on a road that could pile 'em up with the best of them, this is a 10! Some serious rips in those cars.

Bill Rettberg
Bel Air, MD

Date: 07/06/20 15:56
Author: WM1977

Yep, great series. The most unique thing I saw in a train wreck was enclosed car carriers stacked three high with autos hanging out the ends. Never put more power shoving on the rear than pulling on the front.

CR

Date: 07/06/20 20:56
Author: Kemacprr

Shame a train didn't show up on the Chester Valley branch !! ------  Ken 

Date: 07/15/20 10:17
Author: Gonut1

I saw the wreck at Henderson Road where the oranges were getting picked up. There were also bundles of cut cloth headed for the garment district in New York to be sewed. These were also leaving with the local citizens. Funny how you could walk right up to a wreck back then. About ten years ago CSX dumped a few cars on a branch (owned by NS) when a rail broke. A friend and I walked through the woods to see the mess and a n NS dick was on us in no time. He was going to cite us for trespassing even though we weren't on the ROW. My buddy's daughter was a police dispatcher and he was wearing a police department jacket she had given him. He showed the jacket's emblem to the gumshoe who then backed down and told us to be careful. I encountered the same cop a year later or so when shooting images of the NS OCS and he wrote me up in his little book. I was on a railroad access driveway and hesitated to change film. My bad! Didn't go digital soon enough!
The curved track in the foreground of #2 was a siding to the building where my Dad worked at that time. They weren't getting rail service. Dad told me about the wreck so my wife and I drove over there to take a look. Impressive mess. When I was a lot younger Dad worked in the Philip Cary asbestos plant in Plymouth, PA. The PRR stacked one up behind the building he worked in there, busted out a wall. That would be at the small Earnest Yard at the now gone Gravers Road crossing.
Go

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.046 seconds