Home Open Account Help 272 users online

Nostalgia & History > Switcher Saturday - N&W steam in 1959


Date: 08/01/20 17:02
Switcher Saturday - N&W steam in 1959
Author: LV95032

Still live steam in Bluefield, West Virginia in the Summer of 1959.




Date: 08/01/20 18:10
Re: Switcher Saturday - N&W steam in 1959
Author: Chili169

Any idea what the second tender is there for?
Extra water?



Date: 08/01/20 18:46
Re: Switcher Saturday - N&W steam in 1959
Author: krm152

Chili169 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Any idea what the second tender is there for?
> Extra water?

Am using an HP Stream with an 11.6" Screen but can make out "M of W" on second tender.
So it is definitely not for extra water.  Someone using a large monitor might be able to provide you additional info.
ALLEN
 



Date: 08/01/20 20:40
Re: Switcher Saturday - N&W steam in 1959
Author: EL3600

Looks like the second tender is backwards.



Date: 08/01/20 20:52
Re: Switcher Saturday - N&W steam in 1959
Author: LV95032

It says Norfolk and Western, the number, then M of W. Likely they are just switching it out - no connection to the locomotive

krm152 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Chili169 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Any idea what the second tender is there for?
> > Extra water?
>
> Am using an HP Stream with an 11.6" Screen but can
> make out "M of W" on second tender.
> So it is definitely not for extra water.  Someone
> using a large monitor might be able to provide you
> additional info.
> ALLEN
>  



Date: 08/01/20 23:25
Re: Switcher Saturday - N&W steam in 1959
Author: krm152

M of W identifies it as being assigned Maintenance of Way service,  My real question is does any of the freehand painting identify it as being set aside for scrap.  I can't read it becasue my screen is too small.
ALLEN

 
LV95032 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It says Norfolk and Western, the number, then M of
> W. Likely they are just switching it out - no
> connection to the locomotive
>
> krm152 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Chili169 Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > Any idea what the second tender is there for?
> > > Extra water?
> >
> > Am using an HP Stream with an 11.6" Screen but
> can
> > make out "M of W" on second tender.
> > So it is definitely not for extra water. 
> Someone
> > using a large monitor might be able to provide
> you
> > additional info.
> > ALLEN
> >  



[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0441 seconds