Home Open Account Help 378 users online

Nostalgia & History > NS Triple Crown in New Haven In 2006

Date: 11/20/20 16:18
NS Triple Crown in New Haven In 2006
Author: ns2557

On one of my many trips across Indiana I found myself in the New Haven In area. Spent the night here. (Nice when ya have a bed, fridge to help thru the night without having to spend $$$). One of the trains I caught was the EB NS Triple Crown Service. Believe this was trn 262, which was a Chicago to Bethlehem Pa run. This should be the ex Wabash trackage here. NS GP50 7028 leads UP SD40T-2 2849 on today's version. Always liked catching these trains whether it was in Atlanta or in Hbg Pa or even in KCMO. They were unique. The TCS yard in the old Rdg yard at Rutherford Yard was a place I got to often. But this shot here is one of my favorites.  Taken on April 24 2006 in New Haven In. Thanks for looking.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/20 16:19 by ns2557.

Date: 11/21/20 06:40
Re: NS Triple Crown in New Haven In 2006
Author: junctiontower

Yes, that is the former Wabash.  East Wayne Yard and the former NKP engine house are right across from the power on the other side of Nelson Road.  NE Interlocking, where the Wabash line from Detroit crosses over the NKP is a couple hundred yards ahead of the train. This has always been a a big crew change point, but with all of the changes to Norfolk Southerns divisions and terrritories, who knows going forward?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/20 10:13 by junctiontower.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0448 seconds