Home Open Account Help 282 users online

Nostalgia & History > Maryland Midland on Farquher Street

Date: 02/15/21 15:23
Maryland Midland on Farquher Street
Author: sig292

Back in 2007 I was lucky enough to catch Maryland Midland train UBEG on the Farquher Street tracks.
I sure hope the people living on this street didn't mind the sound of squealing freight car brakes.
Maybe they did mind, it wasn't long after I made this video that the new track was put in to bypass the street running.
Enjoy!
Ken Gear

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 02/15/21 16:43
Re: Maryland Midland on Farquher Street
Author: Tominde

Where is Farquhar St?

Date: 02/15/21 16:48
Author: perklocal

Awesome !  I wonder if they ever had one get away from them on that grade ?

Date: 02/15/21 17:03
Author: JayK

Farquher St is in Union Bridge, MD. It is no longer used as the MMID built a new route from their mainline into the cement plant. Here's a view from 2014.

Date: 02/15/21 18:53
Author: bigsavage

The Farquhar St. spur was constructed in 1911 by the WM. Until 1971 it connected in a wye with a PRR branch inside the plant.
The current connection is about 1 mile east of Union Bridge, with a wye track at the intersection of Shepherd's Mill and Ladiesburg Rds.
There is a stiff grade along Shepherd's Mill Rd. and at the intersection at Quaker Hill Rd., the spur goes into mill property.
Photos from 6-24-2020
WW Jenkins

Date: 02/16/21 08:36
Author: aehouse

I got tipped off about the last run on Farquhar Street (I think it was on a Saturday) and rushed down to Union Bridge to photograph it.  The slides are somewhere.  There was quite a crowd there for the final run.

Art House
Gettysburg, Pa.

Date: 03/03/21 18:21
Author: Gonut1

It was all the rage in Rails northeast and other railfan outlets at the time.
Go

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.037 seconds