Home Open Account Help 207 users online

Nostalgia & History > Pair of UP Centennials and Laramie 'skyline'

Date: 03/03/21 11:30
Pair of UP Centennials and Laramie 'skyline'
Author: valmont

Took this shot on 8/8/70 ... from a spot that I bet some of you have been to .... it's Laramie's 'Perch' ... that's #6901 in the lead.

Date: 03/03/21 11:45
Re: Pair of UP Centennials and Laramie 'skyline'
Author: FiveChime

That is a great spot!  Too bad little happens on the trsacks beneath these days except for mainline trains.

Regards, Jim Evans

Date: 03/03/21 12:09
Author: Conch

Another great view from a different 'perch'.  6901 is one I only got trailing.  Lucky you!

Date: 03/03/21 15:06
Author: refarkas

A scenic beauty.
Bob

Date: 03/03/21 15:52
Author: TomG

Never been a big fan of these things, specially when they are mixed with other power. But god do they look amazing when they run grouped together. Great photos!

Date: 03/06/21 12:31
Author: mcfflyer

FiveChime Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That is a great spot!  Too bad little happens
> on the trsacks beneath these days except for
> mainline trains.
>
> Regards, Jim Evans

No kidding.  My wife's daughter and her husband live in Laramie not far from the west end of that footbridge over the tracks.  It's astonishing to walk over it, looking down at all those empty tracks.  Gosh, imagine what it was like back in the late steam days - a full yard, lots of power and lots of trains.  Now, about all it needs is just a passing siding between the two mains and maybe a setout track. 

Lee Hower - Sacramento

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0381 seconds