Home Open Account Help 297 users online

Nostalgia & History > Glenwood Canyon

Date: 03/07/21 05:29
Glenwood Canyon
Author: flynn

The Denver Public Library listed Picture 1 as in the Glenwood Springs, Colorado Canyon and Picture 2 as in Provo, Utah Canyon.  I thought that both were in the same place and in the Glenwood Springs Canyon.  I wrote to the Denver Public Library that I thought the two pictures were of the same place and they changed both of them to the Provo, Utah Canyon.  Can anyone help me show evidence that both of these pictures are of the Glenwood Canyon? 

Picture 1, Call Number: GB-5767.  Title: Provo Canyon, Utah car in snow.  Credit: Denver Public Library Special Collections.  Creator: Beam, George L. (George Lytle), 1868-1935.  Date: [1920-1930?].  Summary: View of Provo Canyon, Uinta National Forest, Utah; shows cliffs, snow, the Provo River, and a car.  Description: 1 photonegative: nitrate; 20 x 25 cm (8 x 10 in.).  Is Part Of James Ozment collection of George Beam photographs.  Subject: Uinta National Forest (Utah).  Geographic Area: Uinta National Forest (Utah). 

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/21 05:41 by flynn.

Date: 03/07/21 05:32
Re: Glenwood Canyon

Picture 2, Call Number: GB-5765.  Title: Provo Canyon, Utah.  Credit: Denver Public Library Special Collections.  Creator: Beam, George L. (George Lytle), 1868-1935.  Date: [1920-1930?].  Summary: View of Provo Canyon, Uinta National Forest, Utah; shows snow, a road, cliffs, and the Provo River.   Description: 1 photonegative: nitrate; 20 x 25 cm (8 x 10 in.).  Is Part Of James Ozment collection of George Beam photographs.  Subject: Uinta National Forest (Utah).  Geographic Area: Uinta National Forest (Utah). 

Date: 03/07/21 05:34
Re: Glenwood Canyon

Picture 3, Asthma Simpson, The Village Queen, January 13, 1915. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0411 seconds