Home Open Account Help 198 users online

Nostalgia & History > BN Locations/Directions

Date: 04/02/21 10:15
BN Locations/Directions
Author: Art045

Good Afternoon - here are three shot by Mac Sebree.  The RS3/RS11 consist had no location info on it, and only the April 1973 processing date on the mount;  the two shots of the GP39-2-led consist are noted only as being in "Eastern Washington" and have a 1984 date inked on the mount.  Thanks in advance for any/all help on location/direction for these images!!  All the best, Art

Date: 04/02/21 10:44
Re: BN Locations/Directions
Author: patd3985

The first one ?...However, I believe the last 2 are at Hatton, WA.????

Date: 04/02/21 14:50
Author: trackplanner

First one looks like Albany on the Oregon Electric. Nice photos...

Date: 04/02/21 21:49
Author: GNSDP45

Number 2 and 3 are at Almira, WA on the old NP CW branch, now operated by the Washington Eastern. The depot was gone by 1986.

Dan

Date: 04/02/21 22:26
Author: GN599

trackplanner Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> First one looks like Albany on the Oregon
> Electric. Nice photos...

I agree definitely on the OE but I can't place where in Albany that is. Maybe headed out to Foster/Sweet Home? Could it be up around Beaverton? The code line is definitely from the neighboring SP. Neat bunch!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/21 22:27 by GN599.

Date: 04/03/21 06:44
Author: Art045

Good Morning and thanks for the reactions to these!  Glad to know more about them.  Have a great weekend!  Art

Date: 04/03/21 17:50
Author: trackplanner

>I agree definitely on the OE but I can't place where in Albany that is. Maybe headed out to Foster/Sweet Home? Could it be up around Beaverton? The code line is definitely from the neighboring SP. Neat bunch!

Could be along Jackson St by the wye on the interchange track.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0407 seconds