Home Open Account Help 236 users online

Nostalgia & History > Another couple of early Amtrak 2 8mm films CUS & Milwaukee

Date: 05/01/21 06:07
Another couple of early Amtrak 2 8mm films CUS & Milwaukee
Author: KCRW287

This post has 2 videos, first shows what I believe is a ceremony probably at CUS, then more action around that part of Chicago, again this isn't the best quality, but lots of movements. The second is from around Milwaukee, lots of ML action, plenty of trains. Photographers unknown, my collection. KCRW287

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 05/01/21 08:13
Re: Another couple of early Amtrak 2 8mm films CUS & Milwaukee
Author: ctjacks

In the first movie - the scene of the ceremony, and the scene with the uniquely-painted Amtrak E unit, are likely from the very first day of Amtrak.
In the rest of the clips, there are a handful of Amtrak-painted cars, so I would guess these are summer or fall of 1971.
Very cool shots of the Rainbow Era.  Thanks for posting.

Date: 05/01/21 08:34
Author: rev66vette

Some very interesting subjects here, thanks for sharing.

Date: 05/03/21 07:46
Author: redarrow

Wonderful movie footage. 
I believe the fellow on the left at the dias (sp?) in the initial ceremony in front of the GN (?) rolling stock is the then mayor of Chicago Wm. Daley.

Date: 05/04/21 23:23
Author: dan

changing of the guard, sad day for us

Date: 05/05/21 20:53
Author: engrbob

I was watching the 2nd video and I’ll be darned, Amtrak F40 number 237 passed by as the trailing unit on a train.
237 is now at the Grand Canyon Railway. That’s the engine I ran most of the time when I was learning the railroad.
engrbob

Date: 05/08/21 03:48
Author: mp51w

2nd video is a real treasure!  Hwy 100, Juneau blvd. in Elm Grove, Waterford Ave, Lake tower, Duplainville, and Wauwatosa.  All my old haunts!
That one shot with the Superliners @ 18th st., is probably the first run with the Empire Builder.  No lounge car yet.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0356 seconds