Home Open Account Help 260 users online

Nostalgia & History > More Amtrak Mystery Locations/Directions

Date: 05/04/21 06:09
More Amtrak Mystery Locations/Directions
Author: Art045

Good Morning - Here are four Amtrak F40PH-led trains, where I could use help with location/direction and train ID.  The 338 and train shot at a Via station on 29 June 1984; the 353 leading a train on 9 April 1981; and, Mac Sebree's shot of the 353 leading a train in Portland circa Sept. 1984.  Have one more, Mac's exposure 11 of the train shown in his exposure 10 to post, which I'll do in a follow-on message.  Where in Portland is this location?  Does the length of train, location and/or sun angle suggest which train this might be?  Thanks in advance for any/all help with these four images!!  All the best, Art 

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/21 06:17 by Art045.

Date: 05/04/21 06:11
Re: More Amtrak Mystery Locations/Directions

As promised, here's Mac's exposure 11 of the 353 and train in Portland.  As with all the others, thanks very much for any/all observations.  Have a great day, Art

Date: 05/04/21 06:51
Author: NB1001

The first image is an eastbound train at the VIA station in Niagara Falls, Ontario.
The second image is an easbound train crossing Irishtown Road between Ronks and Gordonville on Amtrak's Keystone Line. This was one of the three last grade crossings on the line. It has now been elimintated.

Date: 05/04/21 08:33
Author: amtrakbill

The last pictures is the Pioneer leaving Portland eastbound beside I-84 expressway heading towards the airport.  

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/21 08:34 by amtrakbill.

Date: 05/04/21 09:45
Author: RuleG

NB1001 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> The second image is an easbound train crossing
> Irishtown Road between Ronks and Gordonville on
> Amtrak's Keystone Line. This was one of the three
> last grade crossings on the line. It has now been
> elimintated.

The train shown in the photo would be none other than the Broadway Limited.

Date: 05/04/21 10:22

Good Afternoon - thanks very much for all the replies/observations!!  Much appreciated, Art

Date: 05/04/21 10:24
Author: PasadenaSub

Yep, Amtrak #26 just getting underway on UP's Graham Line near downtown Portland.  Looks like the train is crossing under the offramp of I-84 West onto Lloyd Blvd a little east of the present-day convention center.  The MAX Light Rail is elevated here now - as it exits running parallel to I-84 at to run adjacent to Holladay Street west to the Rose Quarter.  It appears the Steel Bridge can be seen in the background of both pictures.

Rich

MAamtrakbill Wrote:
> The last pictures is the Pioneer leaving Portland
> eastbound beside I-84 expressway heading towards
> the airport.  

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/21 10:45 by PasadenaSub.

Date: 05/04/21 10:25
Author: ORNHOO

amtrakbill Wrote:
> The last pictures is the Pioneer leaving Portland
> eastbound beside I-84 expressway heading towards
> the airport.  
It also shows the viaduct for the first MAX light rail line still under construction on the left alongside the LLoyd Center offramp from I-84. Construction on the MAX line started in 1982, and the first segment opened in 1986, so the 1981 date must be wrong.

Date: 05/04/21 11:22
Author: RodneyZona

First Image! Old CN Railway Toronto, ON based paseenger train and engine crews worked between Niagra Falls, ON and Toronto, ON, Canada.
Scond Image old Conrail Philadelphia based passenger train and engine crews worked to and from  Harrisburg, PA.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/21 11:26 by RodneyZona.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0637 seconds