Home Open Account Help 339 users online

Nostalgia & History > Western Pacific Keddie Feather River BN UP WP power early 70's

Date: 06/13/21 09:39
Western Pacific Keddie Feather River BN UP WP power early 70's
Author: KCRW287

An almost 5 min video of what I think is the WP in the Feather River, with BN hockey stick SD, a GN BSB Geep, and a foursome of UP SD40's at Keddie. This clip was edited from 800 feet of 8mm film of this part of the WP, so I have no idea if it is in the proper order MP wise. I think this would be very early 70's account not alot of green BN freight cars, and still some BN power in original pre-merger paint. I am having a hard time figuring what direction the trains are traveling, any and all info greatly appreciated. KCRW287

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 06/13/21 10:09
Re: Western Pacific Keddie Feather River BN UP WP power early 70'
Author: FiveChime

Great time for the High Line. All the mixed power from the BN merger before refinement (weeding out the crap units) with WP mixed in randomly.
Looked like UP was starting to enrode on through trains. Not sure what was happening in last segment, perhaps WP Westwood local shoving a
car for southward spot.

Thanks for posting.

Regards, Jim Evans

Date: 06/13/21 11:02
Author: billmeeker

Thanks for sharing.  That's a lot of foreign power on the WP.  Glad that hockey stick scheme didn't stick around.  

Not sure what is happening in that last segment.  Never seen anything like that before.  Perhaps they are shoving a bad order car out of the way?

Date: 06/13/21 13:25
Author: WAF

Heading West to Keddie and down the Canyon

Date: 06/14/21 08:40
Author: ntharalson

billmeeker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks for sharing.  That's a lot of foreign
> power on the WP.  Glad that hockey stick scheme
> didn't stick around.  
>
> Not sure what is happening in that last segment. 
> Never seen anything like that before.  Perhaps
> they are shoving a bad order car out of the way?

Youre probbly right about shoving a bad order out of the way.  

The "Hockey Stick" BN unit is probably an es-Q SD45.  They were delivered this way.  One Q GP40 also got it.  When the merger was finalized, the "Hockey Stick" was the passenger sccheme and the freight units were solid green.  And evnetually, the white became a straight line on the passenger equipment too.  

Thanks for posting.  

Nicck Tharalson,
Marion, IA

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0377 seconds