Home Open Account Help 286 users online

Nostalgia & History > Kingston action: My last two until I scan more slides

Date: 06/17/21 16:31
Kingston action: My last two until I scan more slides
Author: pbrasky

Here are two digital images from the CSX River Sub in Kingston, N.Y.  The first is a southbound mixed freight on the controlled siding having just crossed the bridge over Broadway and creeping toward CP 87.  The rusty trackage you see on the left, the former Wallkill Valley branch and team tracks are now gone.  Also, there was a West Shore & Hudson River passenger station on the main track about ten or 11 cars back.  It also served Ulster & Delaware RR.  Moreover, on the conductors side, there was a freight station and quite a few tracks serving it.  It burned down (arson was suspected), but alas, I never photographed it.  Lastly, there is a former NYC maintenance shed, now expanded, which serves as the home of the O-Scale Kingston Model RR Club.  The second is simply another southbound mixed freight in good light at MP 89 and approaching NYS Rte. 32/Flatbush Avenue.  He's now in the city of Kingston, which has a 30 mph speed limit resulting in much less superelevation on that curve.  Btw, there's a former LIRR caboose behind that fence now and a brewery (American Icon) a bit farther north.  Btw, those photos were from October, 2014.

Date: 06/17/21 17:47
Re: Kingston action: My last two until I scan more slides
Author: bandob

Please scan more slides.

B&OBill

Date: 06/18/21 01:42
Author: refarkas

Well done - Your caption for these photos gives so much information and takes these great images and elevates them to a higher level. 
Bob

Date: 06/18/21 06:10
Author: pbrasky

Thank you both!  Right now, i.e., while the weather is good, I'd like to do a bit of fishing and bicycling, but have an entire Kodak carousel to sift through before I put more scans up.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0358 seconds