Home Open Account Help 271 users online

Nostalgia & History > MP FFT and CSP

Date: 11/15/21 12:02
MP FFT and CSP
Author: jdiamond76

Modeling Horace, KS. Would be grateful if anyone has photos, taken 1980 to 83 of the FFT, CSP or any other MP trains that ran on the Horace and Hoisington subdivisions including coal trains off the DRGW that they could post.

John Diamond

Date: 11/15/21 12:42
Re: MP FFT and CSP
Author: monaddave

Date: 11/15/21 19:24
Author: mamfahr

> Modeling Horace, KS. Would be grateful if anyone has photos, taken 1980 to 83 

Hello John,

Would lists, schedules, or dispatcher's paperwork be helpful, or are you only looking for photos?

Mark

Date: 11/15/21 20:45
Author: Conch

I don't know if this counts but both these Rio Grande trains are part of the Mopac runs.

1)  5346W leaving Pueblo on #787 Mississippi Electric DEGX empties on 11-19-1983.  5346 was added at Pueblo. Robert Harmen photo,  Chuck Conway collection

2)   3106E at Pando Co with #724 AEPX  loads for Metropolis, IL    Empties ran as CIU on MP.  Chuck Conway

Date: 11/16/21 11:57

Hello Mark. Train list, photos and schedules in that order.  

Date: 11/16/21 12:07

Nice photos Conch.

On photo 2 would the DRGW power have  stayed on to Metropolis or switched for MP power at Pueblo, do you know?

John Diamond

Date: 11/16/21 15:06
Author: Conch

The power on 724 would have switched at Pueblo.  The only train that regularly had Mop units west of Pueblo was 787 and 789 (the same train, different mine loadouts).  Almost always the 6000 series SD40-2H's but later SD50's as well.  I've attached a few more D&RGW/Mop coal trains from back then.  Also added a view of the SKP from early 85.  A bit later than your timeframe but probably a typical consist.  

Robert Harmen, who lived in Pueblo at that time has a bunch of MP views but he doesn't have a scanner and isn't on TO.  He and I both have a bunch of FFT on the Grande.  The Mop usually delivered one long train to the D&RGW, which split it into 2 or 3 shorter trains for the trip to SLC.

Here's another sampler. 

1)  5369 leading train 712 at Plain, CO in May 1978 which will go east on the Mop to Federal, IL. Empty Mop symbol CSU.  100 ton cars used from MP, C&EI, T&P, StL,B&M, and D&RGW. by Chuck Conway

2) 5329N at Pueblo with #713.  Empties ran as CUO from Labadie, MO.  Originally red AMAX Ortner rapid discharge cars were used, later mixed with yellow UCEX cars. Robert  Harmen photo,  Conway collection

3)  MP 3287 leading SKP at Crowley CO 1-13-1985   by Chuck Conway

Date: 11/16/21 20:06
Author: mamfahr

Looked through my MP box.  Found lots of dispatchers info such as train performance reports, train summaries, turnovers, morning reports, etc.  Found several MP lists but none for trains that operated on that line.  I have schedules, but only from the late '70s (previously posted to Trainorders).  Could not find anything that fits with your "wish list" for that territory 1980-83. 

Mark 

Date: 11/20/21 08:27

Nice photos again Conch. Someone with MP photos but not on TO you say. Nooo. Lol. Any photo  of the FFT  helpful even if on the DRGW especially if does a good job of showing the train itself like the last one you posted. Especially want to make sure I am accurate as to wich railroads auto racks I have on my ho scale version of the FFT and CSP.

John diamond

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0588 seconds