Home Open Account Help 372 users online

Nostalgia & History > Sunset passing an SP freight

Date: 01/08/22 09:45
Sunset passing an SP freight
Author: gcm

July 75
The eastbound Sunset passing an SP freight at Bellaire Jct in Houston.
Looks like a couple of all bedroom sleepers on the rear.
The closest one is ex-UP 11 double bedroom car Placid Waters - built in 1956 by Pullman-Standard. This has got to be one of the last new sleepers built before the Superliners ?
The last one may be another UP all bedroom car.

Gary

Date: 01/08/22 11:15
Re: Sunset passing an SP freight
Author: RodneyZona

Nice shots!!  Old SP RR Lafayette, LA based passenger train and engine crews  or the San Antonio based  passenger train and engine  crews based  passenger train and engine crews based both  worked to and from Houston.

Date: 01/08/22 16:50
Author: Hou74-76

Well Gary, there is a 50/50 chance that I serviced that very consist as it came to a stop in Houston.  Seeing the lounge-dorm 3394 with all of its steam ejector glory under the car takes me back.  I bet you $5.00 the car behind the diner is a Blue series car, either the Blue Mott or Blue Water.  Both cars were frequent celebreties on that train.  The 10/6 car is probably the through car to the Southern Crescent.  I am surprised the Bad Axe River is not in that consist.  I cannot forget how we called it the Bad Ass River.  Anyway, I am getting up off the floor after you blasted me with the past.....AGAIN! 

and thanks :)

Date: 01/09/22 02:24
Author: gcm

Thanks - I remember those Blue series cars on the Sunset.
Gary

Date: 01/09/22 08:05
Author: texchief1

Nice, Gary!!

RC Lundgren

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0317 seconds