Home Open Account Help 330 users online

Nostalgia & History > Cold slumber, redux

Date: 05/19/22 06:11
Cold slumber, redux
Author: santafe199

Here’s a redo of a shot I first posted 9 years ago. I was able to correct even more of the nasty ‘nuke-green’ cast typical of Kodachrome being exposed under certain kinds of available lighting. Mercury vapor comes immediately to mind. And I corrected the color in the shadows. The sharpness has also improved. Amazing what a few years of trial & error will teach a tech-dinosaur like me...

1. AT&SF 2850 shivers at the roundhouse in Emporia, KS on January 3, 1979.

Thanks for looking back again!
Lance Garrels
santafe199

Date: 05/19/22 08:13
Re: Cold slumber, redux
Author: jgilmore

Good one for a nice toasty day down here in TX (104 degrees)...

JG

Date: 05/20/22 10:48
Re: Cold slumber, redux
Author: sfbrkmn

Been racking my-one-yr-away from 60 memory (getting lil foggy up there) on when the high nosed units last showed their faces @ Newton. I recall they were there in early spring '81, hauling cargo on the overnight 1361/1362 flip to McPherson on MP rights. These babes also did yard tours on both 1st & 2nd shift flour mill jobs back in the day, w/one possibily assigned in early May '81. After starting employment three wks later @ Cargill in Newton 5/26/81 at the tender age of 18, no high-nosed switchers worked the mill tracks from then on forward. It was like they were in town one wk and gone the next for good.Likely by the start of that summer is when the final units were being rebuilt into the short-nose design models.
Sam 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0376 seconds