Home Open Account Help 264 users online

Nostalgia & History > More Reading Memories

Date: 08/23/22 06:50
More Reading Memories
Author: ClubCar

With all the great photos and videos that are now on the Steam Railroading section of the Reading & Northern's 2102, I just thought that I would put a few of my own Reading Railroad 4-8-4 T-1 photos on here from my collection for all to enjoy.  The 2100 was photographed down at Camden Station in Baltimore, Maryland back in August 1964 when the B&O Railroad operated their "Iron Horse Days" trips to Washington, D.C. and return.  As I have stated on another post, these turned out to be the last scheduled steam power passenger trains to operate on the B&O.  The other two photos of both 2112 and 2113 are in my collection but I do not know who took the photos nor the locations.  Those Reading locomotives were some of the best 4-8-4's ever in the opinion of many professional railroad engineers who operated them, including the Pennsylvania Railroad personnel who operated them when they were leased to the Pennsy.  (Ignor the date on the top of the photo of 2100, this is a duplicate photo made in 1969, but the train definately operated in 1964.)
John in White Marsh, Maryland

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/22 07:07 by ClubCar.

Date: 08/23/22 08:26
Re: More Reading Memories
Author: boejoe

I understand the T-1's were in poor shape when returned from the PRR lease arrangement.
jb

Date: 08/23/22 08:29
Author: bandob

Great photos! Looks like 2100 was backing into Camden Station for its display between runs. Here's the photo of it I took at the bumper on the Sunday runs.

Also, the photo I took at Riverdale, MD  on the Saturday runs.

B&OBill

Date: 08/23/22 09:23
Author: kurtarmbruster

Fun! I wouldn't call the 200s classic beauties, but they did--do!--have a distinctive face and commanding presence. So fortunate to enjoy them today. Thanks for the nice views!

Date: 08/23/22 13:24
Author: Kemacprr

I wpould say the 2112 and 2113 shots are on the PRR in 56 when the PRR leased I think 9 of the T-1's for about  6 months. They pretty much lived on the Buffalo line as they had no cab signals. --------- Ken 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0427 seconds