Home Open Account Help 357 users online

Nostalgia & History > Happy Thanksgiving 2022, Then and Now's

Date: 11/24/22 09:34
Happy Thanksgiving 2022, Then and Now's
Author: thebluecomet

An unmatched Then and Now, plus an extra favorite.

1.  One of my first railfan attempts at photographing trains.  March 1972, Toms River, NJ.  I had just gotten my drivers license and went here in my folks 1961 AMC Rambler.  The station burned in March 1976 under suspicious circumstances.  I would be standing in the middle of a new highway today.

2.  Now, over 50 years later, I'm still at it.  Princeton Jct. NJ.  Always take the shot no matter how mundane the subject matter.  Has anyone seen a GG-1 powered train recently?

3.  A westbound Lehigh Valley freight crosses the Delaware River from Phillipsburg, NJ into Easton, PA back in October 1974.  This bridge has been out of service since the late 1980's.  The LV's 12 GP-38-2's went to the D&H on April 1, 1976 and I believe many (all?) are still running around under CP ownership.  

Be thankful for what we see today, for it will become Nostalgia & History before you can blink an eye.  Be safe today and always.

Date: 11/24/22 09:49
Re: Happy Thanksgiving 2022, Then and Now's
Author: Mr-Beechcroft

Wow...love the third shot!

Adam

Date: 11/24/22 10:58
Author: refarkas

Great scene in photo three.
Bob

Date: 11/25/22 02:58
Author: GN599

Nice selection! Especially #3. Judging by the shiny geeps and all of the trailers I'd bet it's an Apollo train.

Date: 11/25/22 06:10
Author: thebluecomet

My best guess would be it was the ME-1, the Mercury.  This was a Sunday and I don't recall the Apollo running west on Sunday's.  The AP-1 also was scheduled out of Oak Island in the middle of the night. Out of curiosity, I checked my original slide and I didn't note a train number.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0518 seconds