Home Open Account Help 333 users online

Nostalgia & History > Thanksgiving 2007 on the McCloud RR Dinner Train

Date: 11/24/22 12:07
Thanksgiving 2007 on the McCloud RR Dinner Train
Author: photobob

Here's a couple of shots of the McCloud Dinner Train on Thanksgiving 2007. The train at Pierce and mister Conductor John Signor collecting tickets. Guests being served their salads. The tracks are still there but the train is long gone.

Robert Morris
Dunsmuir, CA
Robert Morris Photography

Date: 11/24/22 12:11
Re: Thanksgiving 2007 on the McCloud RR Dinner Train
Author: cozephyr

Whoa - what a classy Thanksgiving meal and passenger accommodations.  I never realized how first class the McCloud RR Dinner Train was.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/22 12:12 by cozephyr.

Date: 11/24/22 12:17
Author: dpudave

Thanks for the photos of a classy set up. But what was on the menu? The usual T G stuff or more exotic? In any case, talk about stmosphere. d

Date: 11/24/22 21:32
Author: train671

The McCloud Dinner train was wonderful.  The usual prime rib, chicken but well prepared and well served.  It was a joy to stay at
the McCloud Hotel which was refurbished at the time and then ride the dinner train.  Sometimes you could ride the steam train in
the afternoon before the dinner train.  I did take the opportunity to ride the McCloud Dinner train one New Year's Eve and it was
one to be remembered.  Jeff Forbis, the owner, was always on board and greeted the passengers as well as walked the train
chatting with the customers.  Sad that it no longer exists.  Great memories.

Date: 11/24/22 23:55
Author: Odyssey

Thanks for sharing the images ...
Certainly lookls like a class act  ... if I had only known ...

Odyssey
Evergreen, CO

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0378 seconds