Home Open Account Help 308 users online

Nostalgia & History > South City Switcher at Quint and Arthur

Date: 11/30/22 10:28
South City Switcher at Quint and Arthur
Author: phthithu

I believe the YSF70 "South City Switcher" had a year or so to go before being abolished when I encountered it about to round the corner of Quint and Arthur streets. Five engines were pretty routine on trips to Pier 96 in San Francisco back when the Broadway local and Mission Bay hauler were both working out of San Francisco every weekday evening. It was amusing to see this sort of consist shoving a single load of lumber down the Dumps lead. Fast forward to yesterday and this is what the scene looks like now (attachments 2 ad 3). While making my customary half-hearted trip from South San Francisco to Bayshore I was lucky to find the LSF51 spotting a centerbeam at Golden State Lumber. I suspect they had interchanged with the SFBR earlier in the afternoon, gone back to South City, and then come back to the Dumps.   

Date: 11/30/22 11:49
Re: South City Switcher at Quint and Arthur
Author: refarkas

First-class then and now.
Bob

Date: 11/30/22 20:12

refarkas Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> First-class then and now.
> Bob

Thank you!

Date: 12/01/22 12:53
Author: obsessedfoamer

It still runs

Date: 12/01/22 15:51

obsessedfoamer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It still runs

My understanding is the UP abolished the YSF70 and the Broadway local and now the LSF51 "San Francisco Local" handles all the switching from Redwood City north with exception of Granite Rock at Redwood City, handled by the Rock Job? But then they abolished the Mulford local only to bring it back later as an extra job and later as a regular one, if Im using the right term. 

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/22 16:03 by phthithu.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0422 seconds