Home Open Account Help 362 users online

Nostalgia & History > Two December Lehigh Line CR scenes

Date: 12/02/22 12:08
Two December Lehigh Line CR scenes
Author: Pattenburg

Two CR Lehigh Line scenes:
Photo 1: My notes say this was TV-91 heading west at Port Reading Junction in Manville, NJ in December, 1987. 
Photo 2: Is of CR's ALCA heading east out of Pattenburg Tunnel on December 18, 1998 in Pattenburg, NJ.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/22 12:12 by Pattenburg.

Date: 12/02/22 12:31
Re: Two December Lehigh Line CR scenes
Author: perklocal

Love the ALCA with the SD45-2 on the point !  I remember that period of time when the ALCA and CAAL ran the Lehigh Line to get to and from Camden,NJ.

Date: 12/02/22 12:47
Author: jgilmore

perklocal Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Love the ALCA with the SD45-2 on the point !  I
> remember that period of time when the ALCA and
> CAAL ran the Lehigh Line to get to and from
> Camden,NJ.

Don't quite remember that, was this a reverse move onto the Trenton Line to go south? BTW, nice shots...

JG

Date: 12/02/22 12:50
Author: Roadmaster

I'm liking that SD45-2 on the point as well . . . even better with the Dash 8-40C.

Matthew

Date: 12/02/22 13:58
Author: thebluecomet

Awesome shot with that former EL unit on the point.  As I recall ALCA/CAAL normally ran via Reading, using the Belt line if there was no work in the yard. Possibly a detour running this way.  Great catch nonetheless.

Date: 12/02/22 15:16
Author: perklocal

The ALCA/CAAL ran on this route for a short time. If I recall,it had to do with some trackwork project down in Phila. on the High Line that prevented them doing the usual run around move to get to Camden.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/22 15:19 by perklocal.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0313 seconds