Home Open Account Help 213 users online

Nostalgia & History > Remember when Safety was the Slogan?

Date: 03/03/23 08:22
Remember when Safety was the Slogan?
Author: ClubCar

Sorry, I know that this is not the best photo; however, a friend of mine gave me this slide of a Western Maryland Caboose, now painted up in a Chessie System Paint Scheme whereby the Chessie System on all of their railroads (B&O, C&O, WM) preached "Safety" as the number one rule.  Chessie took the time and spent the money to paint cabooses on all three of their railroads to emphasize "Safety."  I hope that all railroads are keeping this in mind today, especially after the terrible Norfolk Southern derailment in East Palestine, Ohio.  These big railroads need to spend some money on emphasizing "Safety" once again, maybe by painting locomotives and not worry about trying to make every dollar to satisfy the big Hedge Fund Shareholders.  Peoples lives must come first, "Safety" at all times.
John in White Marsh, Maryland

Date: 03/03/23 12:16
Re: Remember when Safety was the Slogan?
Author: refarkas

Good point -Those "Safety Cabooses" really helped get the message across.
Bob

Date: 03/03/23 18:26
Author: srman

Here's a blue one that I got in June 1986. I miss the caboose days no matter what color they were. 

Date: 03/11/23 07:28
Author: lancewr

Does your slide of the WM1806 provide the date and location?  I am collecting images of the 23 Chessie safety cabooses (12 B&O, 7 C&O, and 4 WM) to create a photographic history of each caboose.
Thanks, Lance

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0371 seconds