Home Open Account Help 285 users online

Nostalgia & History > Hunslet Side-Rodders in Vancouver 2001

Date: 03/25/23 13:32
Hunslet Side-Rodders in Vancouver 2001
Author: erielackawanna

I was in Vancouver to work on a wonderful TV series that got cancelled before it ever aired, called Breaking News (not kidding, it was good, but the network changed their mind). Back at that time you could simply drive into the port area. Of course, times changed just a year and a half later. One real rarity I got to see while driving around the Port of Vancouver was the Pacific Elevators rail ops, which was powered by Hunslet DH4ws. Not certain how many of these English side-rod critters they had, but the two I saw where A and C, so I'm going to guess there was at least a B. My memory is that I pulled into a parking lot, made sure no one was around and rattled off these two images. I had a feeling, even though I had just driven in that I might attract unwanted attention taking photos. Although I would get another grab shot of these two on my next Vancouver trip in May of 2001, the next time after that that I would shoot a Hunslet would be almost twenty years later in Mexicali. Both photos Vancouver, BC, April 5, 2000, Charles Freericks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/23 15:10 by erielackawanna.

Date: 03/25/23 13:53
Re: Hunslet Side-Rodders in Vancouver 2001
Author: refarkas

Truly rare photos.
Bob

Date: 03/25/23 14:50
Author: gobbl3gook

Very nice!  I spent a lot of time there in 1997-98.  

I posted some memories on guitartrain's similar Hunslet post a couple weeks ago on the Canadian board.  

https://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?15,5641864

Ted in OR

Date: 03/25/23 17:14
Author: PasadenaSub

Nice ones Charles.  Are these scanned from print negatives or slides?

Rich

Date: 03/25/23 17:46
Author: callum_out

No more bizarre than the fact that not that many years before the area was worked by a Shay.

Out 

Date: 03/26/23 06:28
Author: Gonut1

Truely unique!
go

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0426 seconds