Home Open Account Help 381 users online

Nostalgia & History > Timelapse Motion in San Jose, March 1990

Date: 05/27/23 20:07
Timelapse Motion in San Jose, March 1990
Author: CimaScrambler

I've been spending a lot of time lately going through my slide archives, and ran across this one.
In March 1990 I was in the middle of a long business trip to San Jose, CA, and had brought my camera bag along as entertainment for evenings away from work. This image is a result from one such evening, where I captured the light of the moving Seattle-bound Amtrak Coast Starlight crossing over busy US Hwy 101 by the airport. The slides have sat in my archives for over 30 years since then, and finally got scanned and processed this week. I guess some images just take a while to come to fruition. I took advantage of having several test frames along with the final image to composite together two of them to tone down the overexposed highway in the final image, resulting in a satisfying composite.
Be safe out there -
Kit

Kit Courter
Menefee, CA
LunarLight Photography

Date: 05/27/23 21:38
Re: Timelapse Motion in San Jose, March 1990
Author: phthithu

Great shot, Kit. That's a cool narrative, too. In some ways a time exposure sort of timeless in this case where everything is in motion and we can't see all those 80's era vehicles. 

Date: 05/28/23 05:04
Author: atsf121

Fabulous!

Posted from iPhone

Date: 05/28/23 10:29
Author: santafe199

The time lapse photography is good. But your attention to composition is off the chart! Well done as usual, sir... :^)

Lance

Date: 05/29/23 15:42
Author: rattenne

From one who spend is 'growing up railfan' years in San Jose, this is an outstanding photo. I know that location well.

Date: 06/02/23 10:17
Author: Matt_Gidley

Fantastic!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0424 seconds