Home Open Account Help 368 users online

Nostalgia & History > F-unit during the playoffs!

Date: 03/29/24 05:26
F-unit during the playoffs!
Author: santafe199

I’ve altered the regular F-unit Friday title here just slightly. I wanted to show a good way to kill some time while watching the playoffs. Take a subpar image into Photoshop and just keep fooling around with it! Caveat Emptor: Keeping one eye on the flat screen with the other on your computer monitor for such a long time could produce a headache. But I persevered. Ah shucks... I had all day.

I probably shouldn’t call John’s shot here “subpar”. I’d bet a dollar to a donut that he just got caught on the wrong side of the tracks and had to do the best he could. I don’t think I could pass up an all-F consist with Red & Silver in it just because I was on the dark side. Even in 1969. Makes for a nice semi-silhouette, anyhow...

1. AT&SF 238 L leads 3 Warbonnet B units on an eastbound manifest through Ottawa, KS in December of 1969.
Original Kodachrome slide by John Wegner.

Thanks for looking back!
Lance Garrels (santafe199)
John Wegner (chiefbuilder)

Date: 03/29/24 07:58
Re: F-unit during the playoffs!
Author: chiefbuilder

You're right Lance.  I was caught on the shady side of the rail action.

Date: 03/29/24 08:04
Author: santafe199

chiefbuilder Wrote: > ... shady side of the rail action ...

(chuckling) I've been trapped in shady-town myself a time er 2 (er 12... er 20... ;^)

Lance

Date: 03/29/24 08:39
Author: Chico56

👍👍 Shady side or not!

Date: 03/29/24 09:12
Author: Ritzville

Very NICE in the shade!

Larry

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1157 seconds