Home Open Account Help 317 users online

Nostalgia & History > Seeking maps of Oro Dam RR and Butte & Plumas Ry

Date: 04/22/24 16:10
Seeking maps of Oro Dam RR and Butte & Plumas Ry
Author: zephyrus

Wondering if there are any maps online showing the routes of the Oro Dam Constructors Railroad and the Butte and Plumas Railway (narrow gauge feeder to the Swayne Lumber Company.

Thank you!

Z

Date: 04/22/24 16:56
Re: Seeking maps of Oro Dam RR and Butte & Plumas Ry
Author: Red_over_Yellow

Guessing you have probably found this for the ODC RR but if not. It's an interesting look. 

https://wplives.org/news_items/2017_Western_Pacific_Historical_Convention/2017_convention_materials/WPRR_Oroville_Dam_Line_Change.pdf

Don't know of any online maps of the ODC RR but there is a good map on page 75 of "The Western Pacific" by Ken Meeker, White River Productions. 

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/24 16:57 by Red_over_Yellow.

Date: 04/22/24 18:35
Author: billmeeker

For the Butte & Plumas, you need the book "The Swayne Lumber Company:  Narrow Gauge Logging in the Merrimac Forest" by Beckstrom & Braun.

Date: 04/22/24 19:37
Author: Mccloud-36

The best maps of that area were done of The United States Forest Service back in the late 1960's. I hope you can find one. It showed every detail of Northern California Mountains and even the McCloud River Railroad with the GN connection.

Posted from Android

Date: 04/23/24 10:26
Author: zephyrus

Awesome!  Thank you Bill!  

Never seen that B&P map.  I'll need to find that book.  I saw a print copy of an ODCRR map once but don't recall all the details.

Z

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0422 seconds