Home Open Account Help 222 users online

Nostalgia & History > Railroads and Ladies go together

Date: 05/02/24 11:20
Railroads and Ladies go together
Author: ClubCar

During my lifetime, I have been very fortunate in that most of the ladies that I have known for the most part enjoy trains.  I was extremely lucky that my wife (Mrs. Club Car) enjoyed train travel and went with me so many times not only to ride trains but to accompany me when I just went track side to watch them.  She understood my passion for them and she truly was the love of my life.  Unfortunately she passed away back in 2015 from Alzheimer's disease.  To all of you who have photographed trains with ladies in the photos, in my mind they make the photos even better.  I always enjoy those photos and this is why I have put these three photos of Mrs. Club Car on here today.  Life is short, enjoy everyday.  Stay safe and stay well.
John in White Marsh, Maryland a/k/a Club Car

Date: 05/02/24 12:16
Re: Railroads and Ladies go together
Author: RetiredHogger

May God bless her memory.

Date: 05/02/24 12:19
Author: refarkas

These show a photographic love of both her and trains.
Bob

Date: 05/02/24 13:48
Author: srman

I feel your pain. I never had a wife who enjoyed my passion for trains. I did have a sister. She was my older sister and was a widow. Many times we took trips out west to shoot trains and whatever else we came upon. My wife would just say enjoy yourself which we did. I've now been divorced for 24 years and my sister is now suffering with that same dreaded disease as you wife. We had many good travel memories. 

Date: 05/02/24 14:48
Author: Drknow

My dad is suffering vascular dementia right now and is in a nursing facility. Amazing how in 5 years time life can change.

God bless your wife and her memory.

Regards

Posted from iPhone

Date: 05/02/24 17:35
Author: nycman

John, I am sorry to hear of your loss. I too lost my wife three years ago, just short of our 60th anniversary. May both yours and mine rest in peace.

Date: 05/02/24 17:43
Author: rkennedy2

Bless her soul.  Thankfully you have wonderful memories and great stories to tell.  I always enjoy your postings Club Car.

Date: 05/02/24 19:34
Author: Trainhand

I know there is still a hole in your heart for your late wife. You were lucky to have one that enjoyed trains. My condolences on yor loss. I know alhemizers(sp) is a dreadful disease, my mother died from it 20 years ago. Once when visiting her with my then teenaged son he commented that it had to be the worst disease. I agreed with him.

Sam

Date: 05/03/24 13:38
Author: jcaestecker

You touched my heart today, John.

-John

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0502 seconds