Home Open Account Help 228 users online

Nostalgia & History > I didn't like the SP 'till it was gone

Date: 07/04/03 13:55
I didn't like the SP 'till it was gone
Author: FT

While the SP was a living, breathing life force, I didn\'t pay it a lot of attention, but now that it\'s not around, I see what we\'ve lost. Human nature, to want what you can\'t have. Thou I live
in Oregon, I seldom went up to Cascade Summit. I
now find one of my favorite shots was this one, not too dirty 8575 with leasor 45\'s trailing.
K25 and the SP. 10 rolls of 25 left, but finding
an SP on the point here, almost no chance.

Keith

Date: 07/04/03 14:06
Re: I didn't like the SP 'till it was gone
Author: Goatboat

Cool shot, Keith.

I have always liked that tunnel. It is good for a nice smoke show if the train is fairly heavy and has helpers...

- gb -

Date: 07/04/03 20:10
Author: Orfan

Thanks for sharing the nice photo. It\'s funny things can seem like they\'re never going to change and then all of a sudden there\'s nothing left but history. I imagine that 10 years from now there will be things today we wish we would have photographed.
Geoff B.

Date: 07/04/03 20:24
Author: dputz

I remember the UP takeover. When they took out the track in Stockton, CA. It was sad to see it go.

Date: 07/05/03 22:57
Author: hepkema

Great shot.
Growing up in Sacremento, the SP was ALWAYS around. When I wasn\'t in charge of driving, I\'d appreciate every opportunity to get a chance to go along on any trip that might lead to seeing a train. When I started driving myself and was able to take pictures at my own schedule, it seemed that I took every chance to go after something more exotic--the SP was ALWAYS around.
I only took 1 vacation with my wife and my own kids where we had a chance to camp at the campground close to the east portal of the Cascade Summit tunnel and I only got one shot of something coming out of it like that. Lucky for me, it was a clean Kodachrome SD45 on the point. I\'m glad that I have it now. I\'m also glad that I followed my "little voice" and did the Placerville, Oakdale, Kentucky House, and West Side branches and the Altamont line. I was too late for some of the others.

rh

Date: 07/10/03 19:19
Author: pennsy1022

That is without a doubt, one of the most crisp, clean and well balanced pictures I have ever seen...train, plane or whatever! Take great care of it...it can not be repeated!
Pennsy1022

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0327 seconds