Home Open Account Help 330 users online

Nostalgia & History > BCR Back in the good old days

Date: 02/10/04 12:25
BCR Back in the good old days
Author: M-420

Use the link to a Shot posted just to say goodbye to BCR.

This shot was taken in June of 1985 at Hart BC on the Chetwynd Sub. M630's 721 and 716 were fresh out of the shop and wearing the splendid "Hockey Stick" paint. Like the Budd Cars, the electrics, the Hudson and yes, even most of the SD's - The Alcos are history.

Next up is the railway itself....RIP BCR

http://elclip.net/721c.JPG

Visit the proto photos section of my site for more BCR shots

Brian A Elchlepp
http://elclip.net

Date: 02/10/04 13:34
Re: BCR Back in the good old days
Author: steampower

This shot was taken during the Trains Unlimited 3 day trip to Kelly Lake and return in 1999. This was start of the second day, our first runby(of five that day!)on the Fraser River bridge. The Royal Hudson was still hauling passengers to Squamish and back from North Vancouver, too. But later the 3716 had to pinch hit which she did whenever the Hudson had some "shop time".

We now realize how fortunate we were to participate in that trip, and got to see the southern end of BCR. It was quite an operation with 3 11000+ ton lumber drags per day southbound to the CN interchange at N. Vancouver. Hopefully the 3716 and the 2860 will once again feel the warmth of an oil fire in their fireboxes...

Steampower

Date: 02/16/04 17:17
Re: BCR Back in the good old days
Author: Cascade

Oh BCR, I remember the day I was at the Station as the RDCs pulled in (1.5 hours late), the CRS20 601 was pulling out of the wye and the 2860 was steaming next to me at the Steam Shop. Almost 3 years later I watched the 4069 bring in the Jingle Bell Express (Christmas Royal Hudson) for the last time (actually I was working on that train), and 4 years later I witnnessed, on November 1st, 2002, at 01:30ish the BC31 lead in the last ever Cariboo Prospector. Now I look forward to seeing the last BCR freight pull into North Vancouver.

I remember when I was like 9 or 10 when the Starlight left for the first time, those were the good 'ol days

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0317 seconds