Home Open Account Help 246 users online

Nostalgia & History > Any one like Frisco??

Date: 03/29/04 05:10
Any one like Frisco??
Author: trainman_45

Frisco F-3 5016 sits at 8th street yard in Fort Worth Texas in the 1960s! K.B King photo

Date: 03/29/04 05:22
Re: Any one like Frisco??
Author: kog1027

Keep 'em coming!

Mark

Date: 03/29/04 13:16
Author: tomstp

8th ave Frisco yard brings back some memories. The track got so bad in that yard I saw a pink covered hopper car which was standing still, derail spreading out the rails under it. A few months later the Feds threatend to shut down the yard if Frisco did not repair the tracks. On the fly by track, you could see cars sway several feet the oposite direction and litteraly scare you to death that they were gonna roll over. Oh yeah, the good ole days.

Date: 03/29/04 14:55
Author: Frisco1522

Frisco's my number one road, but I don't like no steenking diesels. Photo is from 1942 by Wm. K. Barham and shows the Texas Special, #1, westbound at Southeastern Jct. (St. Louis, MO.) Enjoy!
My cousin lived about a half mile from the 8th Ave roundhouse in Ft. Worth and I remember visiting him when there was still steam in it. Shoulda had a camera with me.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1277 seconds