Home Open Account Help 351 users online

Nostalgia & History > lots of SP Boats

Date: 08/29/04 17:44
lots of SP Boats
Author: MacBeau

Under the leaden skies of an LA winter, 4 models of U-Boats congregate at Taylor Yard, circa 1978. An ALCo C628 in from Colton adds a nice touch to the scene.

Date: 08/29/04 18:51
Re: lots of SP Boats
Author: espeeboy

love that shot! Actual live functioning Alcos all over Taylor?!? Espeeboy was only about a year away from being born just up the 2 Freeway in Glendale at the time of this shot. I will dig around my recent shots and show you what this southside angle of the Taylor Shops looks like today (be prepared - it will be one sad shot)

Date: 08/29/04 20:35
Author: coachyard

espeeboy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Actual live functioning Alcos all over Taylor?!?

Industry had a fetish for C-415's at one point and it wasn't so many years before 1978 that Baldwins a few black widows and some B&O could be found if one looked hard enough, particularly by the Bullring. Transfers from Santa Fe used to park over Fletcher, too. Nice shot, MacBeau.

Date: 08/30/04 22:04
Author: john1082

I recall the C-415s working the Tustin branch and wandering through the suburbs in Orange and Tustin.

Date: 08/30/04 22:41
Author: NscaleMike

OK Mac..how did you manage to get that shot without getting booted out of there? I seemed to always get sent packing anytime I showed up with a camera...maybe it was my Datsun B210 I was driving?? (hehe)

Date: 08/31/04 15:28
Author: MacBeau

Mike:

I was a long time learning to be surreptitious. By this time it was pretty well perfected.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0344 seconds