Home Open Account Help 306 users online

Nostalgia & History > Canyon Diablo

Date: 10/28/04 21:27
Canyon Diablo
Author: 3rdswitch

On my first trip to Canyon Diablo, on the Santa Fe transcon, between Flagstaff and Winslow, AZ, in August '87, this westbound train had just made a pickup at Canyon Diablo [this used to be a block swapping point] and was departing westbound.
the old supports for the original single track bridge, can be seen bottom right.
JB

Date: 10/29/04 16:35
Re: Canyon Diablo
Author: MacBeau

It has been more than fifteen years since I was there, and my lady let it be known the last time that she would walk in from the freeway before she would ride there again. Just out of curiosity, has the two-lane, rock encrusted cow-path gotten any better?

Date: 10/29/04 21:25
Author: 3rdswitch

My latest adventure to the Canyon [only the 3rd] may or may not be repeated because of that same lame road. The 1st trip ['87] it was bad, 2nd trip ['99] not bad [because of track work, it's always good to visit a location such as this after a major track progect as the road is good, for awhile!] the 3rd trip ['03], it was terrible!
JB

Date: 10/31/04 08:01
Author: MacBeau

Thanks JB, I'll bring the hiking boots.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.035 seconds