Home Open Account Help 196 users online

Nostalgia & History > another WP experience

Date: 11/06/04 09:48
another WP experience
Author: xtra1188w

I caught this guy about to snag orders as he was going railroad east bound. This was WP GP40 #3521, does anyone want to guess as to the location? I'll post the answer later tonight.
No, Gonut, it ain't Sarasota Florida or New York City, guess again.

Con

Date: 11/06/04 13:45
Re: another WP experience
Author: WAF

On the SP? That signal that the train passed looks like a Rock Island tri light that the SP used after buying the Golden State Route. Is that a double set of orders on the bottom hoop?

Date: 11/06/04 13:51
Author: 3rdswitch

Big Sandy?
JB

Date: 11/06/04 14:23
Author: drew1946

looks kinda like Stockton

Date: 11/06/04 22:08
Author: xtra1188w

A couple of y'all were closer than I expected anyone to get.
This train was northbound (rr east) on the MoP-UP at Hearne Texas. Hearne was a big place on the SP/T&NO, it was the division point and crew change on their mainline between Dallas and Houston, they ran straight north and south through here. This train is on the former MoP mainline from San Antonio to Palestine TX and Texarkana and points north. their track runs ne and sw through Hearne They had a diamond with the SP/T&NO just north of the SP/T&NO north yard throat on the north side of Hearne. This diamond, the Hearne Union Station and US 79-Texas 6 are all within 100 feet of each other. This was and still is a good place to watch trains, although everything has all turned yellow here. MP, SP, WP, now all is UP.

Con

Date: 11/10/04 09:00
Author: Gonut1

Looks like Columbus, Ohio?

Gonut

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0354 seconds