Home Open Account Help 387 users online

Nostalgia & History > Ohio Wherizit

Date: 11/06/04 18:23
Ohio Wherizit
Author: kevink

Can anyone guess where this photo was taken in June of 1981? A clue: an older photo of the same location appears in the November 2004 Mainline Modeler with steam instead of diesel.

Date: 11/08/04 15:59
Re: Ohio Wherizit
Author: SlwApprSlw

How about Rossford Yard in Toledo on the B&O Toledo Sub??

Cass Telles
"Slow-Approach-Slow" - 'Go by way of the B&O'
Railroads of NW Ohio
http://www.trainweb.org/rrnwoh

Date: 11/08/04 18:37

You are correct -although I'll have to take your word on the name of the yard;-). I was beginning to wonder if anyone would guess before the thread disappeared of the first page.

The photo taken in June of 1981. My brother and I were killing time while in Toledo for my Grandparent's 50th anniversary. I had just gotten a 35mm SLR as a high school grad present and was breaking it in on this trip. IIRC this yard is east of the Maumee River south of the Anthony Wayne bridge. Is anything left?

Date: 11/09/04 18:22
Author: Anonymous User

All thats left is the coaling tower.The track is still there and it is used as a transfer yard for bulk material.Do you have anymore pictures of this site?

Date: 11/10/04 09:03
Author: Gonut1

Sarasota, Fl?

Gonut

Date: 11/12/04 08:43

Sorry Traincrane, this was the only general shot I took. I think there were a couple of Chessie cabooses that I took photos of. I will try to remember to check the negatives tonight,

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0342 seconds