Home Open Account Help 235 users online

Nostalgia & History > This one's for espeeboy. SP SD40T-2 leads #14 at Wicop

Date: 12/22/04 23:25
This one's for espeeboy. SP SD40T-2 leads #14 at Wicop
Author: choochoocharlie

Way back on November 8th I posted a Photo of Amtrak Coast Starlight #11 heading up the hill out of Wicopee with the F40PH #231 (A very familiar engine to Chris) on the point. #11 met #14 at Fields just up the hill at the next siding. I said I would post the photos of that train if anyone was interested. He indicated an interest, so here are the head end and rear end of #14 at the West(old SP directions) switch at Wicopee. SP #8264 on the point with ATK F40PH's #251 and #241 (a strange coincidence with #231 on the other train) head downgrade about to hit the East switch at Wicopee.

Date: 12/22/04 23:29
Re: This one's for espeeboy. SP SD40T-2 leads #14 at W

Here is the rear end of Coast Starlight #14. The private cars "Charlotte" lettered for the SEABOARD and the Dome Observation "Native Son" I believe lettered for the UP, but may have been a private owner...... C.C.Chas.

Date: 12/23/04 08:03
Author: Amtkrd4man

Now that is a rare one...with a clean SP on the point. Every time I got one we had to wipe down the side to check the engine number on it...

Date: 12/23/04 11:13
Author: bnsfbob

choochoocharlie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
Dome Observation "Native Son" I believe
> lettered for the UP, but may have been a private
> owner...... C.C.Chas.

Native Son was a ex-UP PV based in LA. It was very active in the late-80s and early 90's but don't know its present situation. Bob

Date: 12/23/04 12:20
Author: truxtrax

bnsfbob Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> choochoocharlie Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> Dome Observation "Native Son" I believe
> > lettered for the UP, but may have been a
> private
> > owner...... C.C.Chas.
>
> Native Son was a ex-UP PV based in LA. It was very
> active in the late-80s and early 90's but don't
> know its present situation. Bob
>
>
>
Now known as the Bella Vista after a rebuild (including an open platform on rear) and now available for charter with present owner Rail Ventures

Butch,,,,here we go

Date: 12/23/04 12:47
Re: Native Son
Author: espeeboy

Date: 12/23/04 13:13
Author: espeeboy

BTW Charles, great shot of the SP8264 leading that Starlight! Love the one MU door up, one MU door down look of that front plow!

Ths is the schtuff I love to duplicate in scale form so as soon as Kato gets those new HO F40PH's to market, I'll be running some more SP point unit Amtrak trains around our Free-Mo layout set-ups!

Date: 12/23/04 13:33
Author: TCnR

What advantage does this end platform design offer? It's very different than traditional end platforms, looks like just more diamond plate to bang around and make noise.
Call me nostalgic, liked it how it was. Rode the UP City-of-whatever from Portland to Seattle way back when, very nice. The UP passenger equipment was always a class act.
Great photos, thanks.

Date: 12/24/04 00:44

I have photos of many SP units helping Amtrak. (Seems like they could use the help). Even a photo of an SD45X on the point of Amtrak at Eugene. It was removed here and The Coast Starlight continued it's journey north to Portland.................. C.C.Chas.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0659 seconds