Home Open Account Help 193 users online

Nostalgia & History > Cal-Western Steam Operations

Date: 02/19/05 13:28
Cal-Western Steam Operations
Author: SierraRail

This view is from within the CWR enginehouse at Fort Bragg, Calif. showing engines 45 and 46 getting ready for the day's operations, June 22, 1974.

Date: 02/19/05 13:30
Re: Cal-Western Steam Operations

Later, the same day, June 22, 1974, #45 and 46 are alongside the river in the Noyo River Canyon.

Date: 02/20/05 13:12
Author: Nitehostler

I had to work that weekend so I gave my camera to a friend & he took slides for both of us.
Looks like you had yourself a really fine time...that was a great event, I'm sure.

Date: 02/20/05 18:08

Tom, during this time (74-75) I was working as an accountant for Pontiac Motor Division in Stockton, and had every weekend off. Fortunately, I was able to make it to most all the PLA trips in Nor. Calif. I am very thankful for this today, in light of the dismal railroad situation in California. The shortlines seem to be dropping like flies! I'm just glad now that I made the effort to go. Another plus was that back then motel rooms only cost $5.00 per night in Fort Bragg, although I must admit, it wasn't nothing fancy!

Date: 01/05/07 08:49
Author: rehunn

Gotta find my slides, I was shooting from the cupola during part of that trip and it was pretty
interesting.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0355 seconds