Home Open Account Help 344 users online

Nostalgia & History > North and South of Chicago in '77

Date: 02/20/05 05:33
North and South of Chicago in '77
Author: GPutz

This is a CSS&SB e/b arriving 115th Street, Kensington, Chicago, IL, on 4/6/77. There's more at:

http://members.trainorders.com/gputz

Gerry

Date: 02/20/05 13:17
Re: North and South of Chicago in '77
Author: highgreengraphics

You've sure got some nice stuff, Gerry. Is there a "Time Machine" website that we could interact with and jump into to take a visit to back then? Just don't right click and accidently delete yourself! - -- --- ---- ----- ------ ------- -------- JLH

Date: 02/20/05 17:55
Author: DNRY122

I have often thought that if one could build a working "Atavachron" (time machine in early Star Trek episode), there would be a lineup of railfans around the block waiting to take a ride. There's a song I remember from teenage days: "Born Too Late" by the Poni Tails. Not exactly one of the great entries in the All American Song Book, but it strikes a chord in those of us who missed out on the days when steam ruled the rails, you could take a passenger train almost anywhere, any town of consequence had interurbans and streetcars, and for some of us, Baldwin, F-M and Alco diesels were still in regular service.

Date: 02/20/05 19:44
Author: GPutz

Jim, Thanks. I've got about 12,000 slides from '77 through'00 to go. That's about another 12 years at this rate. Stay tuned. Gerry

Date: 02/20/05 20:04
Author: NH2006

Allright 12000 slides left and an amazing number of places that you lived!

I saw the MILW/neeSOO 543 in Chicago back in 1998. Don't know if it's still around though....

Date: 02/21/05 06:35
Author: highgreengraphics

Take a trip and never leave the farm!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0299 seconds