Home Open Account Help 320 users online

Nostalgia & History > Tulsa Sapulpa Union in '91

Date: 04/22/05 19:13
Tulsa Sapulpa Union in '91
Author: 3rdswitch

In August '91, a Tulsa Sapulpa Union RR switch job was working near Sapulpa, OK.
JB

Date: 04/22/05 19:49
Re: Tulsa Sapulpa Union in '91
Author: kog751

Pretty neat - I never got to shoot the 107 when it was still in DRI&NW paint with the TSU heralds on the side, although I saw it a time or two.

Just for the record, you're actually in Tulsa. The bridge "spans" Cherry Creek, and underneath the canopy of the tree off the pilot, you can make out the top windows of Crest Tower over in BNSF's Cherokee Yard.

Date: 04/22/05 19:53
Author: 3rdswitch

I wasn't exactly sure where it was but there is [was?] a GREAT barbeque place down that street!
JB

Date: 04/22/05 19:56
Author: kog751

Yeah, that'd be Billy Ray's - I know you used to be able to find the TSU parked across the street on some weekdays while the crew went to lunch - I haven't been in Tulsa on a weekday in so long, I'm not sure if this is still true or not.

Good BBQ can be found along both the TSU and the Sand Springs......and I knew that long before that Trains article a few years ago!

Date: 12/06/15 22:34
Author: TexasRocket

kog751 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeah, that'd be Billy Ray's - I know you used to
> be able to find the TSU parked across the street
> on some weekdays while the crew went to lunch - I
> haven't been in Tulsa on a weekday in so long, I'm
> not sure if this is still true or not.
>
> Good BBQ can be found along both the TSU and the
> Sand Springs......and I knew that long before that
> Trains article a few years ago!
>

If you are refering to Knotty Pine in Sand Springs, it burned down about 4-5 years ago. But they re-opened a store somehwere out near Broken Arrow I think on 61st.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.03 seconds