Home Open Account Help 376 users online

Nostalgia & History > A BCR "Where is it?"

Date: 06/10/05 20:17
A BCR "Where is it?"
Author: M-420

For those who've been there, this is far too easy...

BC Rail Train #23 on Aug 9 1986... MLW's still ruled the rails on BCR and the GE's were(thankfully) unthinkable at this time...

Brian E

BCR's Dawson Sub
http://elclip.net

Date: 06/10/05 20:32
Re: A BCR
Author: TopcoatSmith

You're killing me, you know that.

TCS - i wish i were back home in derry ...

Date: 06/10/05 23:21
Author: FT

Could it be Glenfraser. This should be nearby the spot, but southbound. 7-85, the best
of the ALCo - MLW years.

Keith A

Date: 06/11/05 09:07
Author: M-420

FT Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Could it be Glenfraser. This should be nearby the
> spot, but southbound. 7-85, the best
> of the ALCo - MLW years.
>

Yeah it's GF Keith.Your shot (a honey by the way) is looking north and your train hasn't ducked under the highway. Mine is looking south and the northbound is rounding the curve to duck under the hwy.

Amazing how much in those two shots is not there anymore. In mine, The Alco/MLW's are gone, the train number system (this is #23, hottest on the Ry) is gone, the TOF traffic was dumped by BCR a few years ago and of course, the railway itself is a CN property now.

Keith, I love your scan - what scanner do you use?

Brian E

Date: 06/11/05 15:01
Author: FT

Brian,

Glad you liked my shot. I use a Minolta Dimage Scan Multi II. It is about five yeas old
and max 2800x2400 dpi, not a lot by recent standards, but I got it because I can scan film up to the long 120 negs. A lot of the credit is owed to photoshop program.

Keep up the good work.

Keith A

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0439 seconds