Home Open Account Help 353 users online

Nostalgia & History > Rio Grande's Ski Train: Pactolus, CO., 1988

Date: 06/10/05 17:39
Rio Grande's Ski Train: Pactolus, CO., 1988
Author: rcfarewell

All,
Here's a first attempt at posting an image...this one came from my Ski Train archives. If I did it right you should see a full-screen B/W image.
Here's hoping!!!

Rich Farewell

Date: 06/10/05 18:40
Re: Rio Grande's Ski Train: Pactolus, CO., 1988
Author: highgreengraphics

Good job, R.C.! In my opinion, your Tunnel District "Secret Places" books are the standard, and I have them. I know some of the hard work you've done - we walked together a few times. - - - - JLH

Date: 06/10/05 20:39
Author: NH2006

rcfarewell Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> All,
> Here's a first attempt at posting an image...this
> one came from my Ski Train archives. If I did it
> right you should see a full-screen B/W image.
> Here's hoping!!!
>
> Rich Farewell

Pass with an A sir!

Date: 06/10/05 21:07
Author: GrandeGold

Yes!

Rich is now posting his fine Rio Grande images. I will definately renew my subscription to TO now, my friend.

When are you and Mike headed to Helper one last time? We need to meet Mel and the dirt train crew for lunch at East Carbon...

James

Date: 06/11/05 13:55
Author: tolland

Rich, this is an interesting photo. The baggage car directly behind the power in the consist appears to be the UP "Pony Express" car, which is now lettered "Golden State Limited". At one time, it was said that this car was used on UP's Ski Trains to Sun Valley and had racks for skis. It could also be possible it's one of the UP power cars like #205, converted from baggage into power cars. It's difficult to identify the car for sure from this photo.

Thanks for posting!
Jim Burrill

Date: 06/28/21 13:30
Author: dan

power car i think!

Date: 06/23/22 05:28
Author: rrpreservation

Yes, its the UP power car borrowed by the Ski Train until the Ski Train's unit was completed.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.04 seconds